Looking for an activity to help your family, group, or business volunteers to bond or develop team building skills for? We have several for you to chose from, or we can design one.
> Almost every Thursday morning, from 10:30am to 1:30 pm,
we work on preparing pet food from distributors,
for our various agencies that work with us at
Palmgate Storage: at
14050 WEST Van Buren in Goodyear.
We have sorting for our
NEW ONLINE Thrift store and Community Events like
Hopefest , United Way's Project Connect or Arizona Veteran's Stand Down at
(EAST Phoenix locations)
depending upon what time of year/what activities you want to do!
> Each Friday morning from 9:30am to 1:30pm OR
> Saturday from 9:30 am to 1:30 or 12pm to 4 pm OR
> Sunday from 12pm to 4 pm.
If traditional volunteer opportunities don't appeal to you, let's design one for you together
What brings you joy? What feeds your passion?
The more formal methods of the County, State and FEMA emergency response requires a skilled approach, especially in guiding the transition into a community’s new level of daily living in these difficult times. Arizona Animal Medical Response Corp. #2473, operates out of the Arizona State Health Department in accordance with directions laid out by FEMA's National Incident Management System (NIMS). NIMS is intended to be used by the whole community in times of formal disaster response.
We helped Yarnell in Yavapai, after that community fire that destroyed 25% of their buildings, for 6 months with over $10,000 of pet food and items and have responded from single family home/apartment fires when pets are involved to community wildfires and floods.
People can chose three disaster levels to volunteer/assist with.
1. In-kind donations and resources are always needed and can be done from your church business or contacts such as doctors, veterinarians or other groups, without even joining officially.
2. People can offer their resources or in kind skills with-in their own county. We always are looking for veterinary or rescue skills, or a temporary shelter from a kennel operations, licencsed drivers, people to move pet food or other items.
3. Volunteers who wish to become official FEMA volunteers and help beyond their county, must take special classes at http://www.training.fema.gov/is/ IS 100 and IS 700.
Then join us at https://esar-vhp.health.azdhs.gov/
Personnel at the following levels of responsibility in emergency management operations – first-line supervisor , mid-level management and command and general staff (Operations/Planning/Logistics/Finance-Admin .*are required to take more advanced classes.
Traditional Disasters occur in three stages.
1. The first is the early stages when chaos reigns and Emergency Management is figuring out what needs doing. Our effort goes into having the local relationships in place with our work within Empty Bowl Pets, and are working to pre-deploy supplies in critical areas
2. The second stage is the FEMA/State and local official response. At this point the Animal Medical Response Corp swings into action at the direction and as an official part of the emergency response teamwork to back the local responders efforts.
3. When the event is over and the Emergency Responders go home, many times the community is still struggling to put life back together. At that time Animals in Disaster MRC, returns to Animals in Disaster, Empty Bowl Pets, (501c3) to continue to help the community to find its new norm.
Volunteer with Millennials/Gen 9-11:
It was a shock to realize, that to work for the animals in disaster, we had to be ready to work with the people who owned them,
As we learned from Hurricane Katrina, many will not leave their beloved pets. Ironically, we also learned that people who would not prepare for themselves, WOULD prepare for their pets.
So for 2016, we have specifically formed the Maricopa Citizens Corp Council as directed by FEMA to address a gap identified with special needs groups and their decisions to shelter in place or evacuate.
65% of Households have at least 1 pet, according to the 2015-16 APPANational Pet Owners Survey.
Volunteer for All ages:
> Across town, on Vacation, or Business trip?
> Just want to get out, air out the brain for a bit ?
> Willing to take the backroads or do you just refer to have the rescue meet you off the free way so they don't have to travel so far?
> Have an empty trunk, truck bed. or a back seat? Help us (or your animal based non-profit). get some much needed supplies and/or take an animal or two, where they are needed: to the vet, a new rescue or even a new furever home!
Please join our new partner Doobert and us to help animals and rescues with just a little extra effort
Volunteer Baby Boomers/Gen-Xers: